The Dollar Defender will find the following for you:

Wendy's Logo - Dollar Defender BEWARE Stamp

Wendy’s Consumer Relations – Canada
Wendy’s Restaurants of Canada, Inc.®
240 Wyecroft Road
Oakville, ON L6K 2G7

To Whom It May Concern,

I have an issue with the recent price increase of your value menu from $1.39 to $1.89. This 36 % YOY price increase has caused me to no longer eat at your restaurant. The worst part of this increase is that you advertise it in your “My 1.89” commercials as if it were some great new deal. However, all your company did was hike all of the prices on the existing value menu and make it no longer affordable to eat at Wendy’s.

Having just returned from a visit to the U.S., I was shocked to see that the American Wendy’s decided to keep their value menu at $0.99. Considering the parity of the Canadian and American dollar, it doesn’t make sense to charge your Canadian customers almost twice the amount your American customers are paying for the same thing.

For now, I will continue to eat at McDonald’s as they have maintained their value menu price of $1.39 and happen to have a better selection on the menu as well.

Please let me know when you will either revert your value menu back to the value price of $1.39 or when you will stop scamming your Canadian customers by charging them twice what American customers pay. Until there is a drastic change to your “Value Menu”, neither my family nor any of my friends will ever eat at Wendy’s again.

The Dollar Defender

Click here to view the (lack of) resolution by Wendy’s, along with an interesting find regarding the My 1.89 campaign

12 Responses to “Letter to Wendy’s – Complaint About Value Menu Price Increase”

1. D walters says:

Tim horton wraps are 1.49

2. Liz says:

I have also stopped eating at Wendy’s since my last post. The kids meals have gone up to over $4.00. The last time I ate at Wendy’s was in 2012 and that’s when I noticed the kids meals had gone up in price. I bought one to get the toy but I don’t even remember what the toy was now. McDonald’s has better toys. Also, the hamburger didn’t taste that great either.
    Ya, I’ll stick with McDonald’s – $1.39 I can afford.

3. Big meech says:

Poor ass motherfuckers

4. Jess says:

Don‘t people understand that things are cheaper in the US because their minimum wages are lower than ours. If their wages increased so would prices of goods and services. 99 cents would be nice but kinda unreasonable.

5. Liz says:

I agree. I don’t buy off the value menu and haven’t since the chicken wrap combo I used to get wasn’t a combo anymore. I do get the Kid’s Meal, because it is only $2.99, and that includes the regular or cheese Burger. The fries in the kids meal are larger than the McD’s kids meal, the burgers are better and it’s over a dollar cheaper.

6. Fred says:

I hate Wendys cause of this. I don’t eat there anymore.

7. dennis says:

Its the same price here in the USA I just got robbed. They advertise it as 99 cents still

8. Jeremy says:

After recently returning from the U.S., I was so angry about this blatant rip-off of Canadians, I have completely stopped going to Wendy’s since they increased their value menu prices. Why should I pay $1.89 when an American can pay 99 cents for the same item? Outrageous!

9. Jim says:

Not to mention that the US value menu is 99 cents…